Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Great Pumpkin Adventure

The BF and I went to the pumpkin patch today. It was the perfect day for it too; sunny, crisp, fresh air, you just can’t ask for anything more! When we walked into the gate we were greeted by a dancing pumpkin, which was odd but funny, he danced us to the hay ride that took us out to the pumpkin patch where we could pick out our own little pumpkin to take home. The hay ride out there was great for me, for the BF, not so much. His allergies were flaring up pretty bad and he couldn’t stop sneezing and he started coughing like a maniac for the entire ride out there. We started to get some dirty looks from some of the moms and some even covered their child’s faces so they couldn’t breathe in germs. Thank goodness I carry everything in my bag, I hand him an allergy pill, bottled water, a face mask, and latex gloves to put on to make the mommies happy. He looks at me like I’m crazy and I tell him to put it on so that the others won’t catch his Bird Flu. He puts them on like a champ, and starts chirping every once in awhile. The mothers are horrified.

We jump off the wagon and search for our pumpkins. Don’t worry; I let the BF take the ridiculous gear off once the kiddos ran in the opposite direction. We are walking along enjoying the smell of pumpkin pies baking in the air and feeling the breeze in our hair. I follow the BF up a row of pumpkins and I feel my foot suddenly sink. I reach out for his hand but miss and fall over as I lose my balance in the sinkhole. He turns around just as I lift my head out of the mud. He rushes over to me and starts to laugh as he asks what happened. I point behind me and my foot is up to my calf in mud. He helps me up and wipes my face clean, but I tell him it’s not fair that I’m a mess and he isn’t. Bless his heart, he nods his understanding and jumps into the mud pit splashing mud all over him. He stands up, takes my hand, and walks towards a big pumpkin. My heart swells and I reach up to give him a muddy kiss.


...... more to come soon

2 comments:

  1. Very cute story, Cori! And I just wanted to stop by and say CONGRATS ON GOING FOR A RUN! :D I'm so proud of you, and I'm glad you found it rewarding.

    ReplyDelete