Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Gym or no Gym?

I have given up on going to the gym. I don’t like to sweat, and unless the experts can come up with an exercise where you don’t sweat or have to exert your body for an extended period of time, then I’m not going to do it. I’m not fat and the flab that I do have doesn’t jiggle in a gross way when I move around, so I’m content. Instead of getting disappointed when I don’t make it to the gym I’ll just give myself a pat on the back for taking that cat nap and burning calories that way. This is my new philosophy: Relax and not worry about my flabby butt, the calories will melt away eventually. Not everyone can do this, relaxation is hard for a lot of people to indulge in and lucky for me I’m not one of them.

But lately I have been having a lot of conversations with friends where they tell me about the training they are putting themselves through for the Wild Man Race or some local 5k in there hometown and it’s because of these people that I’m questioning my new relaxation philosophy. So I decided to start a log of the progress I have made in the past few days by relaxing and keeping to my normal schedule. Then I will train for….umm something…and see which one works out better for me.

DAYS OF RELAXATION -no gym!

Day 1 - Today I sat at my desk and moved my fingers around a lot on the keyboard as I searched blogs, new music, and funny videos at work. My fingers are very skinny with little to no flab. I will keep coming to work as this has proved to keep my fingers in very good shape.

Day 2 – Today I slept through my alarm and woke up 30 minutes late. This ended up being a blessing in disguise as it made me run around my place like a chicken with its head cut off. I kept forgetting to do normal things like put on deodorant, which would cause me to run from my room to my bathroom then back to my room to finish putting on my jewelry.

Day 3 – Today when I got home my kitty ran out the door. I chased her down the hallway of my apartment building bent over with my arms stretched out in front of me trying to catch her. She is a fast little booger!

Day 4 – Today on my lunch break we had a fire drill. I work on the 10th floor. The elevators are of course off limits during and after the fire drill. It was 100 degrees today. I had to skip lunch because of the drill. Now I’m hot, hungry, and very unhappy.

Day 5 - Today is Friday! The BF and I are going salsa dancing tonight! Whoop!

Day 6 – Today I slept ‘til noon which I’m sure burnt a lot of calories. When I got up I made a light lunch, a BLT with extra mayo and a side of potato salad, then went down to the pool and fell asleep in the sun to burn off those calories.

Day 7 - Today I rode my bike to the market where I bought a loaf of French bread, a variety of cheeses, a bottle of wine, and some fresh flowers. When I got back to my place the BF and I devoured everything I bought at the market and then we cuddled up on the couch and watched a movie. It had some funny moments and I hear laughing burns calories as well.

As you can see this week has been very active. Can you see why I don’t want to go to the gym on most days? I run around enough in one day, I don’t really need to add on it. Also you will notice, not one nap was taken! *Side note* Falling asleep by the pool is not a nap. It’s expected

No comments:

Post a Comment